I keep an eye on sales, not just around the holidays. In general, my dogs don't care about Christmas. They only care that I won't let them near the tree. On this Black Friday I started getting emails about sales, or posts on FaceBook. So here are some things I located that might interest you.
1) AKC is not cheap. I got a notice on FB about sales on AKC. Sike. If you click on that link you are gonna discover that the AKC didn't put anything on sale.
Don't take my word for it, go ahead and click it. 40% off "select" items. I'll translate, 40% off of things they can't sell and the rest is overpriced. They are hoping you will see something else and pay full price, but the goods they have are half as much as Wal-Mart. Not that I advocate the small business killing, soul draining, Made in China conglomerate that is Wal-mart. But if you just need a dog bed you can get it cheaper elsewhere.
2) If you want expensive beds you can try LL bean. Their usual Christmas sale involves getting a $10- $20 gift card for every $50 you spend. Just today is 20% off if you spend $50. But you still have to spend the money. They have nice custom things, and if the item falls apart in the first year their customer service is very nice. But in reality you will do better and pay less at Costco for a dog bed. And those I have the dogs LOVE.
3) Chewy.com has some of the best deals all the time, not just on holidays. When I want to compare prices I look to them first. Their customer service is great. Whenever I have had an issue they fixed it fast, and I got something for my trouble. They ship fast and free, most of the time.
4) What should you get the dog lover for the Holidays? I recommend the really neat items at Black Dog. They are in MA, and even though the prices are mainstream, the items are good quality and very cute. I am slowly collecting a selection of coffee mugs. I even asked Santa for the new blue Striper mug. Its worth a look. The pub glasses looked to be a good deal.
5) A small dog rescue decided to make dog wreaths this year on Etsy. They sold out. BUT...they will likely have more next year so keep them in mind and save the business in your Etsy profile to be notified when they make them again. They were around $38, which is pretty good. And they were very cute. They benefited a rescue, also. What else can you want? Its win-win.
6) For people that love the outdoors, check out these dogs topiaries. You can purchase the wire frame or get it already entwined with greenery. They are not on sale, that I know of. I think that the thought matters more than the sale price. Who needs another pug tie? So if you are looking for unique this may help. If you didn't find it on Etsy, anyway.
The truth is that there aren't a lot of sales just for the dog. Black Friday is about getting the left over items out the door, and electronics are the most discounted. Cyber Monday might get you free shipping, but its unlikely to result in much sales on dog chews. The rest of December will prove to be a study stream of sales and deals, so keep your eyes open and check the junk mailbox for email notices of sales. How many bull pizzles do you need? I don't know, but I would look to get them on Small Business Saturday, where you can get them right away, gift them when you get home, and check the label to make sure they aren't from a foreign company that irradiates them.