Due to some back injuries I have had to cut back on the activities that the dogs and I compete in. This includes walking away from SAR. It turns out it takes a wise person to know when to end a chapter. The end of that was over 18 months long. I'm sure it would be a riveting read, like a soap opera where they keep going in close at a gazing expression and then someone gets shot. Slow, slow, fast. Hem and haw and the pull the trigger. And that "poof" I was gone.
We have a lovely litter of eight poodles on the ground. Three weeks old today. There will be no shortage of entries to follow. For a recap of the time spent away I leave you with just a few thoughts.
1. You are the company you keep.
2. There are good people hiding everywhere, waiting to meet you.
3. There are also assholes everywhere, waiting to fuck up your day.
4. Figure out to cut loose the #3s and focus on the #2s. I'm pretty cranky if I can't #2.
5. No matter badly you want to go in one direction, if the winds aren't in your favor you just have to pick a new destination.